Nonsurgical Options For Eyebags and Circles Under Eyes?

I'm a 15 year old boy and I already have eyebags/circles under my eyes. I've had dark circles since my fourteenth and I started getting eyebags this week. Like, it all began with two wrinkles under each eye and slowly they formed into eyebags. Especially when I smile/laugh the eyebags get really visible.. What are good non-surgical remedies to help me? My mother would never allow me to get surgery done, but later in the future I really want something done cause this is bothering me to death.

Nonsurgical options for eye bags and circles

+1

Of course, anything is possible, but I doubt that you really have "eye bags" but do not doubt that you have eye "circles."  These are not that uncommon in teenagers.  Certainly, you are not a candidate for surgery.  But  a conservative approach with an HA filler, pending your parents' approval, may be indicated.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Injectable fillers are an option

+1

Aging in the eyes is a common concern for cosmetic patients. It is one of the first areas to show signs of aging. Two common concerns are the eye bags (prolapsed fatty tissue in the lower eyelids) and circles under the eyes which is often shadowing due to prolapsed fat or areas of hollowness. Although surgery is an excellent option for addressing these signs of aging, many patients are interested in nonsurgical options.

Probably the best option for camouflage for nonsurgical treatment of this area is injectable fillers. Juvederm, Restylane and others can be injected in the office in these areas to camouflage the signs of aging. Fillers can be used to fill in the grooves or shadows in this area to rejuvenate the appearance of the eyes. By filling in the areas around eye bags, a more even surface to the eye area is achieved providing a more rejuvenated appearance. Although fillers in the eye area can help minimize the signs of aging, it is still not as good an option as surgery.

Other options for nonsurgical rejuvenation include chemical peels and lasers which can help lighten the skin in this area as well as topicals such as bleaching agents which can improve the skin texture and look. The first step is consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon to determine your best option for eye rejuvenation.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Greenwood Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You are a child and please do not seek any type of surgical or medical solution at 15 years old.

Most eyebags and circles under eyes can be treated with fillers

+1

In my practice we have treated a patient as young as 16.  Her mother brought her for consultation, stressing the importance of not creating an artificial, "Hollywood" look.  She only brought her because the daughter was a television actress and was starting to miss some parts because she looked older than 16.

We were able to get fantastic natural results by placing some filler under the skin under her eyes.  Most "bags" are caused by hollowing under the eyes and therefore treated well with fillers.

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon