Under-Eye Wrinkles Treatment- I've Tried So Many Things, With Poor Results.

I am 33 and looking for what type of treatment I need to correct severe under-eye wrinkling (dynamic). I have been fighting crows feet with botox for the past 3 years. I've also been using retinol and topical vitamin c for the past year. I've also tried botox once under my eyes with no results. Please look at my photo and tell me what the best correction method would be. This bothers me immensely because I feel I am aging prematurely.

Fraxel and Under Eye Wrinkles

+1

The skin under the eyes is quite fragile. The collagen structures are more susceptible to damage, causing the skin here to lose its firmness and elasticity.
Botox is more effective for crows feet lines around the outer corners of the eyes.
Fraxel lasers can be used under the eyes to help tighten the skin by enabling new collagen fibers to develop. This is achieved by deliberately applying heat to the dermal layer below the surface. Your skin reacts to this as if it were an injury and produces collagen as a way to heal itself.
Further structural support can be provided through Radiesse injections. Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxyapatite particles which for a lattice under the skin that encourages the growth of new collagen. It can be injected below the eyes.

Topical Vit C and collagen may not be effective. Retinol and other retinoic acid derivatives have been shown to have some effect, but this is very subtle and would not compare to the kind of results you would get with Fraxel laser treatments. Retinol however would be a good adjuct for maintenance after laser treatments.
In the meantime, it is important to wear sunscreen on a daily basis to prevent new lines from forming.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

+1

Depending on why you have the lines there are many ways to treat them.

If they are from muscle contractions, Botox or Dysport can be injected into the area of the lid. If the skin is just dry and needs attention you can try an eye cream such as EyeSculpt from Scientificskin.com (my company).

If the skin has fine etched in lines, the best treatment is an ablative laser such as a CO2. However , this option will make your skin red for at least 10 days. It should be followed with Botox or Dysport so the wrinkles dont re-form.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

+1

U
nder eye wrinkles can be a challange as even a big smile can cause some to have these from the pusing upof cheeks. I think that a combination of fractional CO2 laser, for tightening, and botox or dysport should give you reasonable improvement. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist