Under Eye Wrinkles and Dent Under Left Eye. Laser Resurfacing, Now Obagi, Is This All Okay? (photo)

I have had two bleph surgery, two under eye skin pinches, and two urbium laser resurfacing treatments after each skin pinch. Currently using Obagi products. Can I be doing damage to my skin?

Multiple procedures on eyelids and topical therapy

+1

Without discussing your particular case which is not appropriate since I don't have all the facts (operative details) and I am not examining you in person, at rest and with active contraction of the eyelids, and can't determine your elasitcity of the eyelid skin, I will discuss this in generalizations.

Multiple procedures on the eyelids can make the skin taught. However, if the skin's elasticity is affected by age or sun damage, then the tightening procedures could actually pull the skin of the eyelid away from the eye and this can create a serious problem of eye dryness. In fact, many people who start to have eyelid procedures, are doing this because as they age they see the sagging of their skin. Too excessive a pull with surgery, or too much contraction that occurs possibly after some laser resurfacing techniques, or even chemical peels, could cause the eyelid to no longer sit against the eye and the normal tears won't bathe the eye's surface so it dries out.  Topical therapy with strong Retin A, tretinoin, can exacerbate this dryness.  Such treatments should be done by experienced experts,whether plastic or oculoplastic surgeons, and the laser treatments or topical therapy, can be done by dermatologic surgeons or dermatologists as well.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. If you are experiencing a medical emergency proceed to your nearest emergency room.

Post better photos

+1

Your photos are not ideal for us to give you a good answer, but in general, the more you operate on the eyelid, the higher chance that you will disrupt its function. The muscle and nerves that move the eyelid [open and close] can be disrupted with successive surgeries.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your posted photos are of very low resolution.

+1

As a result it is hard to evaluate your skin issues.  Bottom line is that you can fix the lower eyelids only so many times.  After that point, the skin lacks the textural quality we expect to see in skin.  Can your issues be helped?  Again this depends on precisely what the issues are.  It is important to understand that there are limits to the improvement you can expect after so much work.  I would recommend finding solutions that minimize further surgery if at all possible.

Under eye wrinkles

+1

It depends what you mean by your question, is this okay?  Certainly, you will not do any harm by continuing to use the Obagi products and if you are reasonably happy with your results, then nothing else need be done.  However, I am certain I could fix your problem with a transcutaneous blepharoplasty (this is sometimes dirty words on this forum), and possibly with a filler to your dent.  I do agree that depending on where you live, you might want to consult with a doctor certified by ASOPRS.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon