Eye Wrinkles at 25. What Are my Best Options? Botox, Fillers, Laser or Surgery?

When I smile the skin under my eyes crinkles up and causes serious wrinkling. On the right eye a wrinkle goes all the way down on my cheek and on the same eye there are 3 wrinkles even when my face is still. I'm praying there is something out there that can help.

"Jelly Rolls" Under The Eyes & Under Eye Crinkles & Wrinkles Respond Well To Neuromodulators & Fillers

+1

Puffiness under the eyes ressembling "jelly rolls", whichs result from hypertrophic, hyperactive muscles, can be effectively treated with a tiny droplet or two of a neuromodulator, such as Dysport, Xeomin or Botox. A few additional microdroplet amounts of these materials injected on the sides of the eyes can also be helpful for reducing the crow's feet wrinkling that may extend downward from the corners of the eyes to the upper cheek. Finally, tiny droplets of a hyaluronic acid filler placed in a beadlike fashion along the tiny, superficial lines radiating from the corners of the eyes (my favorite in this delicate region being Belotero Balance) can further improve and smooth the sides of the eyes. in my experience, lasers have proven expensive and  disappointing and surgery either not indicated or premature in this case. Consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with extensive experience in treating this area is a must. 

Options for eyelid wrinkles

+1

Your photos show some wrinkles, some skin laxity, and some volume loss, all of which could be improved fairly easily. Potentially, these could be corrected by a botulinum toxin product to relax the wrinkles formed when you move your eyelids), a tightening procedure (laser resurfacing or blepharoplasty) to remove some of the laxity of skin seen at rest, and/ or a filler to replace lost volume of the sunken areas under your eyes. An exam with a provider skilled in these procedures could sort out which of these would be best and in which order of priority.

David W. Bray, MD
Alexandria Dermatologist

What to do with eye wrinkles.

+1

I've had good luck with both Botox and surgery to help with this. Usually it is just some hyperactive muscles under the edge of the eye. Softening these with Botox or resecting a small strip of muscle will usually give you a good result.

Brian Dorner, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Definitely not surgery.

+1

It would be helpful to examine you.  Without the benefit of that examination, it looks like your safest and best option will be under eye fillers.

Eye Wrinkles at 25

+1

Good morning.

I'm sure you are beautiful just the way you are!  To answer the general question regarding the wrinkles you have described (without seeing photos), it sounds as if botulinum toxin, also known as Botox / Dysport / Xeomin could be an option.

This treatment will cause a temporary weakening of the muscles injected, lasting on average from about 2-6 months.  This is a procedure done in office, usually with little to no discomfort and no bruising.  

The area you described usually doesn't need much product injected in order to provide a great result, thus keeping the cost for treatment low!   

Hope this helps!

Gergana Gallacher, MD
Danville Dermatologist

Eye Wrinkles at 25. What Are my Best Options?

+1

This will require a physical exam, the photo provided I can see you would benefit from 8-16 units applied to each eye to soften the lines until you're ready for a blepharoplasty. Find board certified physician who can deliver the results you wish to achieve. 

Best wishes