Pinch Blepharoplasty for Under Eye Treatment

Pinch blepharoplasty seems to suit me well: the skin under my eyes just needs to be pulled to the side a little bit. Some questions: Does a pinch blepharoplasty have to be transconjunctival?  Can a pinch blepharoplasty be repeated as I get older?

Pinch blepharoplasty

We do not generally perform pinch blepharoplasties in our practice. The reason for this is that I believe that removal of skin from underneath the eyelid causes an alteration in shape of the lower eyelid. Often this takes months to occur fully, but it is present if you look closely.

Typically the look of a slightly downgoing side of the eye is the result of removal of skin without support.

Therefore we typically perform an ultrashort incision cheeklift (USIC) when removing skin from below the eyelid.

120 S Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Just answered your other post

I highly recommend that you spend your time and energy focusing on identifying a surgeon you are comfortable with and less time and effort on what procedure you should have.  Every procedure has its risks and benefits.  Every procedure works differently in the hands of different surgeons.  If you arbitrarily decide you need a skin pinch, I assure you that someone will offer you that surgery whether it makes sense for you or not.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Pinch blepharoplasty

A pinch blepharoplasty is exactly what it describes, a pinch of skin from the lower lids.  It does not address the most common issue with regards to lower blepharoplasty surgery, which is to remove fat bags.  The pinch itself is usually 2 to 3 mm of skin, taken at the lash line and closed with very fine sutures or tissue glue.  This can be repeated in the next 10 or 20 years if there is more skin present.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Pinch blehparoplasty

A pinch blepharoplasty is a very simple procedure incorparating removing skin from the lower eyelid and sometimes doing nothing more than that. Occasionally a canthopexy is also used.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

A pinch blepharoplasty is done through a minimally invasive incision under the eyelashes in the lower eyelid

A pinch blepharoplasty is done through a minimally invasive incision under the eyelashes in the lower eyelid. The incision usually heals really well. The transconjunctival route is through the inside of the eyelid and through this approach we are able to take out unwanted fat. This route can avoid a skin incision in people who just have an accumulation of excess fat but not skin.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

1810 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Pinch Blepharoplasty or Skin Pinch

In appropriately selected patients, this can be a perfect intervetion that gives fabulous results.

It can be done under local in the office and takes about 1 hour in total. Healing time is about 3-5 days, depending on bruising levels. I have given fillers at the same time and have some VERY happy patients as a result of this procedure. It can be repeated and will not interfere with a more traditional blepharoplasty if you ultimately need one down the line.

Patients are typically younger (40s or 50s) and must have tight lower eyelid tone. If the lower eyelid is weak, then changes to the lower eyelid shape can occur.

Find a reputable surgeon and you will get the best answer as to whether this is the right procedure for you.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

969 Park Avenue
Manhattan, NY 10028

Pinch blepharoplasty

Pinch blepharoplasy can be used in those patients with a excess of skin only. This is usually easily diagnosed because of the lack of fat bulging and excess muscle fullness. The procedure takes 30 to 45 minutes and can be done under local anesthesia. If you have fat causing fullness, a transconjunctival removal can be done and thus not violate the medial layer (septum). It can also be redone in later years.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

2425 West 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523

Pinch Blepharoplasty

With a lower eyelid pinch, only skin close to the lower lid lashes is removed. In our practice, this procedure in isolation is very uncommonly performed.  Risks of lower eyelid position changes (ectropion, droopy lid) will limit the amount of skin that can be removed safely.

Alternatively, skin resurfacing can tighten the lower lid skin. Although not true surgery, it also carries its own risks and limitation.

You may benefit from an evaluation by an experienced cosmetic facial surgeon to see what is the most appropriate approach for your anatomy and condition.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

428 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604

A Snip or pinch blepharoplasty improves lower lid laxity

A pinch removal of lower eyelif skin is done by taking a tiny amount of skin under the eyelash line of the lower eyelid.  I do this when patients have redundant skin that can't be improved with laser or by other means.  In the right patient this can be a wonderful solution.  

Good Luck.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

25500 Rancho Niguel Road
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

Pinch blepharoplasty for the lower eyelids looks great

The pinch lower lid Blepharoplasty can be repeated and a transconjunctival removal of fat or repositioning of fat does not have to be done at the same time. In most case I do find it necessary to add some tarsoligamentous tightening with a canthopexy or plasty as indicated.

Charles Perry, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

785 University Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95825