Eye Swelling Shut One Week After Radiesse, What's The Cause? How To Treat? (photo)

I had radiesse injections in my cheeks one week ago which resulted in a black swollen eye. The swelling is getting worse, not better and now the other eye is starting the same thing. Does this look like an allergic reaction? What can I do to reslove?

Eye Swelling Shut One Week After Radiesse, What's The Cause? How To Treat?

+1

Its very rare to have an allergic reaction to Radiesse and is likely an infection. See your medical provider for a follow-up exam to further assist you

Potential Radiesse infection

+1

My concern would be infection.  I do not recommend the use of Radiesse in the lower eyelid region because of the propensity for bumps but that is not the problem here.  The question would be sterility and potential contamination of the needle.  If your injector was not a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, then I would not encourage you to return to him and urge you to seek the opinion of a qualified specialist as soon as possible.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Swelling from Radiesse

+1

Allergic reactions to Radiesse are quite rare and are not likely to appear this quickly. I recommend you return to your physician injector immediately for further evaluation to make certain the areas are not infected.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Eye Swelling and Radiesse

+1

Please return to your injector for an evaluation as soon as possible.  You may have some soft tissue injury which will resolve, but you need to be evaluated for a possible infection as well.  I have not seen any true allergic reactions to Radiesse.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist