Do I need eye surgery or is there a non surgical method to fix this? (Photo)

Hi. I am 22 years old and only about a year ago I noticed that my left eye has started to droop. I went to the doctor and was advised to do blepharoplasty. I've been doing some research about it and it's not that I want to reshape my lids it's just that I want to get the droopy side lifted back like my right eye. Now I've also noticed that the entire left side of my face has also drooped. What are my options. Thank you in advance. I look forward to reading all your response.

Droopy left eyelid

+1
You have ptosis of your left upper eyelid. This is corrected by a ptosis repair, not a blepharoplasty, though the surgical approach (scar) can be the same. However, what is more important is why you have developed this in the last year and why the entire left side of your face has now also dropped. This needs to be investigated as soon as possible. There are a number of medical conditions that can give rise to your problem and if identified, appropriate treatment is necessary. Correcting your eyelid ptosis  and facial drooping may only be treating the symptom, not the root cause.

London Plastic Surgeon

Do I need eye surgery or is there a non surgical method to fix this?

+1
Yes, surgery is the only option to remedy the drooping of your left eyelid. It is very important that you find a surgeon that recognizes that you have ptosis and require a ptosis repair. A blepharoplasty alone will not fix the drooping of your eyelid and can actually worsen the appearance of asymmetry. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon