Under eye surgery revision? (photo)

I had under eye surgery to reduce bags in 2008. The doctor cut my tear duct and took out too much fat. I had gone to another dr who fixed it for the most part in 2009. Then in 2013. The whole lift came out and he Sid it was minor. It wound up not bing minor.. Next day stitches came out. I have a scar and slit in the corner of my other eye. I realize I need to what 6 months. But how can I find a doctor or are there doctors out there that can do this. 

This looks sufficiently well healed that you could consider having this repaired now.

+1

This is a poorly done canthoplasty. There are so many canthal procedures that it gets very confusing. Both upper eyelid over ride the lower eyelid at the lateral canthal angles. At the lateral canthal angles, the upper and lower eyelid should match up perfectly. You will need revisional canthoplasty. To not let any specialist but an oculoplastic surgeon perform this repair. It simply takes very specialized skill, experience and training to do this properly. The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) maintains an international directory of well qualified oculoplastic surgeons on their website.

You most likely will need a revision to help line up the corners of you eye.

+1

I am not sure exactly what was done here, but it appears that the upper lid is over-riding the lower lid in the corner on the right. The left side is also a little uneven, with a fairly pronounced scar. While laser and time will help with the scar, the corner will most likely need to be revised. I would also recommend waiting 6 months, and would recommend you see an oculoplastic surgeon who should be the best person to help you out with this.

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon