Risk of Eye Surgery and Vaser Liposuction on the Same Day?

Hi I am doing a lot of sport and can't really imagin stopping for 1 Month. As both eye surgery and liposuction requires to stop sport for some time, I was thinking of combinig it and doing it all at once. Do you see any problems in that? For the liposuction, I would like something light, and maybe come back to it later if I am more confident about it because I must say stories of swelling and suffering for day scares me a little: is it possible to do it gradually? Thanks for your answers

Vaser Liposuction

+1

Eye surgery and lipo on the dame day should be no problem.  Only aggressive lipo have long recovery times.  For 1 area, we will do a Friday case, and they are back to work Monday, 72 hours, not a week plus.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is NO reason why you cannot have an Eyelid Lift (Blepharoplasty) and VASER Liposuction in one sitting. I do however take issue with your "I cannot imagine stopping for 1 month" comment. To be a good athlete takes dedication and discipline. There are no short cuts to athletic success.  But - the same is the case to good results in Cosmetic Surgery. Good results do not only depend on a good surgeon using good skills and technique but ALSO equally depend on the patient showing dedication and discipline in following doctor's instructions. If you are not willing to let your body rest for a month to achieve healing, then maybe you should not be playing on OUR playing fields - The Operating Room. You cannot bargain and deal your way to healing; you need to let the body rest properly.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD