How Long Bruising and Swelling Lasts after Lifestyle Lift?

I'm scheduled to have eye surgery and LSL soon and I need to know how long the bruising and swelling last? was it painful?

Recovery from Lifestyle lift/ in office facelift

+1

Recovery from Lifesytle lift or any othe variation of office facelift can vary from person to person, although as a general guidliene, there is the immediate recovery with social down time which is around 7-10 days.  During this period, there can be brusing, which progresses to yellowing.  Suture lines are visible but can be hidden by hair styling. Depending on the extent of surgery, swelling will continue to improve over a period of weeks to months.  Most people return to regular routines in about two weeks. But I would suggest giving yourself 6-8 weeks advance notice for any major to be seen event.  Hope that helps. 

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long do bruising and swelling last after a lifestyle lift

+1

Everybody heals at their own unique pace. I typically advise my patients who are undergoing facial rejuvination surgery that they can expect to be off of work for 10-14 days, depending on the type of work they do. The more strenuous the work, the more time off required. I usually advise that roughly 75% of the visible swelling, bruising, and scarring will resolve in the first 10-14 days. It can take up to several months for all of the swelling and brusing to resolve and the patient may feel firmness in the cheeks and neck for 3-4 months.

I have had patients undergo a face and neck lift with a chin implant, lower eyelid surgery, and fat transfer who were ready for post-operative pictures after 3 weeks. I have had other patients who have taken 2-3 months before we have a good idea of what the final result will be. The most important point to focus on is that the surgeon needs to be able to do a detailed, thorough procedure in order to give you the most longevity. If that requires a little more healing time it is worth it.

Ask your doctor

+1

This is a question that your doctor should answer since the face lift techniques are quite different from surgeon to surgeon. The best thing you can do is to take vitamin c and arnica. Make sure your surgeon is board certified and make your decsion based on facts and not how fast is the recovery. Faster recovery means less lift and less result, as is true for most procedures.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Post-op concerns after Lifestyle lift

+1

A very thorough discussion of preop and postop treatment as well as intra-op treatment are all performed 2-3 weeks before most surgeries. This is a very important part of the care. Usually, patients will have some bruising that can last 2 weeks, or sometimes a bit more. By 2 weeks, make-up can be used to camouflage any residual bruising.

Bruising after LSL

+1

As a physician, I tend to discuss this with my patients before surgery.

Do the centers that offer LSL discuss this with you prior to undergoing your surgery?

There are so many factors that relate to bruising. Key among these are preventitive matters such as:

• avoid aspirin and NSAIDs such as motrin
  • contmeplate peri-operative arnica products
  • use of bromelain
  • excellent intra-operative hemostasis
  • limited activity/straining postop
  • excellent post-op pain and anxiety control
  • head elevation
  • ice compresses

Instituting all these measures should help to minimize post-op swelling and bruising, which should last no more than 2-3 weeks (at worst) and should be less than 1 week.

Take Arnica, avoid few medications, and herbal products

+1

In general, swelling and bruising takes 1-2 weeks to improve and disappear. A lot of factors will add to your swelling and bruising including medications (e.g aspirin), herbal products, certain foods etc.

Arnica has been very useful in decreasing bruising after facial surgery.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/