Under Eye Smile Lines Deeper Following Co2 Laser? (photo)

I had a cheek lift with temporal extension plus co2 laser resurfacing under the eyes. Now my at rest wrinkles are worse and my smile lines are so much worse. Skin is smoother but lines are deeper and shinier. Also three NEW 'codfish' lines in my tear trough. I am 3 weeks post op. The wrinkles are worse. The tear trough is just as deep. Why is this? I also had fat repositioning. Now that all the under eye swelling has gone down the tear troughs are just as deep as they were before.

Lines

+1

Dear patient. It is difficult to assess the excess skin and bunching of the skin without knowing exactly what type of fat grafting and cheek lift you have had done. I can tell you from my experience of performing over 10000 CO2 laser cases (Old fashioned CO2 and Fractional laser since 1999) that deep CO2 is the Gold standard for removing even deeper lines and tightening the skin. I would also be interested to know how deep of a CO2 laser peel was performed.You are only 3 weeks out and some of this may be still swelling. I strongly suggest that you consider Botox to relax the peri-orbicularis muscle. Even though the results are temporary (3-4 months) it will allow the skin to re-drape over your face and heal better. Please contact your surgeon and discuss your concerns with him or her. You may just need a little more time to heal.

Los Angeles Dermatologist