Is There Any Way to Make Eye Shapes More Symmetrical?

My eyes are shaped very differently from one another. My left eye is much smaller than the right and the shape is very different. This really bothers me and has a negative effect on the quality of my life. Is there any surgery which could fix this, and if so what? Thanks!

Treating uneven (asymmetric) eyes

+1

The shape of the eyes is determined by many factors relating the the boney orbit, the muscles, the fat surrounding the eye, ligaments/tendond, lax skin as well as the adjoining cheek and forehead.  Correcting the asymmetry depends on an analysis of what is specifically contributing to the uneveness as well as what can be corrected, surgically or non-surgically.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.