Under Eye Puffiness 3 Weeks After Upper Eyelid Surgery, Will It Go Down?

I had upper eyelid surgery 24 days ago and now have a lot puffiness under the eyes that I did not have before the surgery. I still sleep with my head elevated on 3 pillows and have avoided alcohol and salt. What can I do to get rid of it? Thanks.

Swelling after eyelid surgery

+1

What you are describing is very common. Due to the skin of the eyes being so thin, even minimal amounts of swelling will look bad, but in time, it will all go away. Continue doing as you have been though.

+1

It should slowly over the next month or so.  I have performed Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty) for well over 20 years and I tell my upper eyelid surgery patients that the surgical swelling gets trapped in the upper eyelids and can take up to 3 months to fully resolve.  The vast majority, of the swelling, disappears at 1-4 weeks, while some residual swelling can persist for an additional month or so.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

3 weeks is still early

+1

ALthough the majority of bruising and swelling resolves in the first 2 weeks, residual swelling can last up to a few weeks...even a couple of months. This is especially true if you are older with more lax eyelid/facial tissues.

Be patient with your body.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

This is not that uncommon.

+1

I know you were possibly promised 10 to 14 days of down time with your surgery.  This type of estimate is really for when you can return to social activities without people coming up to you to ask what happened.  That estimate does not mean that all swelling will have resolved.  It takes much, much longer for all swelling to disappear.  I think you will find that it can take up to 6 weeks for this swelling to settle down.  That information should not prevent your form discussing your concerns with your surgeon.

Puffiness in eyes after surgery

+1

Thank you for your question. This is a very odd problem indeed. It would help to see your photos both before surgery and now.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon