Eye Ptosis. Can you tell me if I have had nerve damage and what the best treatment is?

Hi I had fat transfered to the temples and directly after the procedure I couldent open my left eye without using my fingers. After a few hours it was a little better. 3 years on and the left eyelid is lower than the right by about 2 to 3 mm.  I look weird. :/

Ptosis of upper eyelid

+2

Dear ecco,

• You should consider seeing an oculoplastic surgeon to evaluate your eyes
  • The answer to your question involves a more detailed history and physical so we can get to the bottom of it

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Eyebrow Ptosis or Eyelid Ptosis

+2

It could be either, but eyebrow ptosis would be more likely after the procedure you described.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Temple fat transfer

+2

If your fat transfer was to the temple area, it is not likely that you had eyelid ptosis.

It is possible to have eyebrow ptosis [droop]

If you post a photo, it will help us determine which is the problem and be able to give you better advice.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy brow or eyelid

+2

It is impossible to tell without a photo. Eyelid ptosis is unlikely after fat transfer. You may be describing brow ptosis. See an oculoplastic surgeon for proper evaluation and treatment options.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Ptosis

+2

You are describing eyelid ptosis of 2-3 mm.

There are several causes to eyelid ptosis, congenital, traumaare the most common causes.

You need to be evaluated by an ophthalmologist for a complete evaluation. If the Ptosis is significant and interferes with field of vision or you do not like how it looks then surgery can repair it

Eyelid Ptosis

+2

It is possible that you had some nerve injury but a physical examination would be necessary to consider all possible causes and to try to make a specific diagnosis.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Without a photo it is hard to evaluate. The nerve that opens the eyelid is well protected  inside your bone structure. An eyebrow ptosis could be better explained. Avoid using this forum for the doctor's opinion when you should go back to your surgeon

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon