Eye Protection with Lightsheer Diode Laser Hair Removal

I've been lasered in my face,with the lightsheer diode,and i did got a goggle protection,however it was not really possible to make it so tight to fit perfectly.Maybe it did fit good enough, but i'm just cautious, and i still saw the laser light.I of course closed my eyes as tight as posssible, but i still saw the (reflection) of the laserlight (maybe also because the goggles are white so they reflect light.I was wondering if i would close my eyes if the goggle will give additional protection?

Laser hair removal and eye protection

+1

It is imperative to wear goggles while having laser treatments.  The goggles must be the correct ones for the wavelength of the laser used.  Keep your eyes closed under the goggles and it is still possible to see a flash of light.

Toronto Dermatologist

Goggles with Laser hair removal

+1

It is important to wear goggles and go to an experienced laser operator.  Even with goggle usage there is risk with laser hair removal if the technician does not take proper precautions.  Make sure your technician is certified to use the laser they are working with.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

Protecting your eyes during laser procedures

+1

It is always necessary to wear googles/glasses with protective lenses specific for your laser procedure. The laser targets pigment- it wont discern between your hair or your brown eyes! That being said, with your eyes closed and the glasses /,goggles on,  you should be safe. You will still see light.

Marcy Alvarez, DO
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Protection from laser light

+1

It is always important to wear proper goggles during any laser procedure. I also recommend that my patients close their eyes during the procedure as well.  Our eyelids are our best natural protection for our eyes.

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon