Can my Eye Prominence Be Reduced?

I've always wanted to have the prominence of my eyes reduced to make them look tighter, more awake, less bulging and more filled in within the socket area around the eye. Can anyone explain what about my facial structure makes my eyes look so large and unattractive (cheeks, lids)? And more importantly, what would have to be done to make them look more attractive and striking?

Cometic, Medical or Both?

+1

Dear Mr. Smith,

My brief observation is that you have some issues with your lower eyelid allow more of the white portion of your eye to show (scleral show) and that there is some lack of prominence of the cheeks.  Increased prominence of the eyes could be a sign of a medical disease (thyroid) and not jus a cosmetic issue.  You should have an complete medical exam to eliminate that possibility.  If that checks out then visit with surgeons concerning your cosmetic concerns.

Dr. ES

Prominent eyes

+1

The eyes and surrounding structures can look prominent due to some conditions and/or related to ethnicity (meaning congenital).  There are surgical and nonsurgical options available to treat and/or camouflage the appearance.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Prominent Eyes or eyeballs

+1

Very prominent eyes are termed exophthalmos and it s commonly associated with an overacticve thyroid. In these instances, surgery is occasionally required to reduce the "bulging." However, your condition does not appear to be this severe, If you have persistent concerns, you may want to see your primary care physician.