How can I Tell if My Eye Problem is Vertical Drift, Hyperglobus or Hypertropia? (photo)

Please see my pic for ref. I have always had big boggly eyes, and when I look at pictures maybe I have always had this prob to some degree.Past few weeks I have had pain and the appearance has become much more noticable. I even feel the white part of my eye is bigger or bulging.I do have prescription glasses that I don't wear and now that Im wearing them the pain has gotten worse. I do have an appt w/opthamologist next week, but I fear something insidious is occuring,but my mom had lazy eye surg

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

What you are considering is appropriate. An ophthalmologist is a good start. An oculoplastics surgeon would be even better. ASOPRS.org is an excellent resource for you. Thyroid Eye Disease is a possibility. I would recommend taking old photos, preferably portrait size/quality for comparison.

Best of luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye problems

+1

Hi star77,

It's really tough to say with the photo but this is a little concerning.  The best thing to do at this point would be to see (as you're planning to do) an oculoplastic surgeon who also is going to evaluate you medically.  That's really it for now.  Normally I leave a lot of detail about potential treatments but in your case you need the evaluation first.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You have asymmetry of your eyelids and pain in your eyes.  The best thing to do is see an Oculoplastic Surgeon who could decipher what is going on.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

You should see an oculoplastic surgeon for an assessment.

+1

Clearly there is right upper eyelid ptosis.  The fact that you have new symptoms warrants an appropriate assessment.    The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory that will help you find a highly qualified oculoplastic surgeon in your area who can help you (asoprs dot org).

How can I Tell if My Eye Problem is Vertical Drift, Hyperglobus or Hypertropia?

+1

Sounds like you should have a complete physical exam with blood work and then eye exam by an eye doctore to rule out eye or orbital pathology.  Aesthetically and this is obviously a secondary concern, your eyebrows are quite low.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Eyes with different position now.

+1

You should get your thyroid checked first since that could be the cause of the change you are seeing.