What's The Cause Of Eye Pain and Redness 5 Months After Rhinoplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty around 5 months ago and my eyes sting sometimes and i have the occassional blood vessels tuning my eye red. I know the nerves around the eyes can be connected to the nose and may have been cut, my nose is still healing. Could the rhino be the cause of my red stinging pain in my eyes? I had sinusitis a ahile ago but had antibiotics. I will be seeing my doctor and eye specialist soon to make sure.

Recovery from rhinoplasty surgery

+2

Although your complaints are not common to hear in my practice it is possible that some severed nerves after the surgery are regenerating something common to see at about 4 months after surgery. It's possible that is what you are experiencing. You are wise to go see an eye doctor to have it evaluated. Good luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Eye Pain and Redness 5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

In over 35 years I've never had a patient with these complaints 5 months after a rhinoplasty, but certainly anything is possible when dealing with the human body. I agree with your decision to consult with your ophthalmologist. Please let us know caused your problem.

+1

I do not think you should be so quick to associate these symptoms with your Rhinoplasty 5 months ago.  You might want to see an eye doctor for evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com