One Eye Has More Skin, Than the Other, After Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty?

my eyelid blepharoplasty was 1 week ago. I am very nervou, that one of my eye looks much biger.

A photograph here would be very helpful.

+2

One week is very early.  The difference you are seeing might simply reflect more swelling on one side.  It is certainly worth your while to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  However, what you really need know is time to recover.  If it turns out that one eyelid needs a bit more skin removed, this is very straight forward to address.  I typically wait many months before coming to the conclusion that this is necessary unless there is a very obvious issue.

One eye swells more, one eye heals faster

+2

I always tell my patients after eyelid surgery that in general one eye swells more than the other, and one eye heals faster. That's why you cannot judge the results until at LEAST a few weeks, and sometimes a few MONTHS after surgery. Please be patient and let your body heal before you make any judgments.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty result

+2
One week after surgery is way to soon to judge. Obviously, you have more swelling on one side than on the other and that can be caused by a variety of reasons including the amount resected, your sleeping patterns, how well you applied ice on that side, etc. Give it some time to resolve and keep in touch with your surgeon during the postop period to share your concerns.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Too early!!!

+1

It is way to early after surgery for you to worry about asymmetry. There is significant swelling in the first two weeks after surgery, and sometimes even longer than that. Furthermore, surgical scar will evolve and soften over a period of months. I would not consider revision surgery on anyone until the 3 month post operative visit, and sometimes even longer than that. Scars can mature for up to a year after surgery. Please be patient with your body and let it heal.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

One week after blepharoplasty

+1

At one week after blepharoplasty, there certainly may be differential swelling. Remember that each eye will be a bit different, and they more than likely started that way.