Under Eye (Midface) Swelling After Selphyl Injection Under Eyes 6 Months Ago. What Do I Do?

I had Selphyl injected 6 months ago and developed the swelling visible in the attached photo. Two months after the Selphyl a local board certified plascic surgeon suggested lasering this area, which I let him do. It healed well and now the bags have returned. What can I do? Please help.

Answer to RealSelf.com for Selphyl injection

+1

As you know, Selphyl is a platelet rich plasma mixture derived from your own blood.  Without evaluating your preoperative photographs, it is impossible to know what kind of changes occurred with the injections.  I also do not understand what kind of laser treatment was done.  

With that being said, the bags that are visible I note most prominently on the left side.  You have fullness immediately below the lash line and also over the upper cheek (festoons).  The injections may have been placed   in the incorrect location or have reabsorbed already.  It cannot be determined without pre-op photos.  I would recommend that you return to the Board-Certified plastic surgeon that you saw and discuss this in greater detail with him.  Good luck.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon