Is an Eye Lift or Eye Surgery an Option for Me?

I'm 25 and I have horrible bags under my eyes. I stated noticing them when I turned 18.My mother had the same issue as well a her father. So it's definite that it's hereditary. What I was wondering, with being so young is there an affordable and sufficiently way to cease this issue?

+1

There are a sub-set op patients that have lower eyelid fat bags as early as their teens.  If this is indeed the case, then lower blepharoplasty would be indicated.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Blepharoplasty-EyelidSurgery.html

+1

Undereye bags result from orbital fat pushing forward. The definitive treatment is lower blepharoplasty where some of the fat is removed or repositioned. If you're seeking to avoid surgery, dermal filler can be placed to camouflage the bag and fill in the hollow below the bag. Filler treatments are performed as an office procedure and require 30-45 minutes. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/blepharoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eye lift or Eyelid Surgery for Young Patient

+1

Generally, there are a few options to improve the appearance of the lower eyelids, eye bags, or dark circles. First option includes basic skin care, tretinoin, and/or chemical peels. This nonsurgical method helps improve the skin quality, reduce pigmentary changes, and improves overall appearance of the lower eyelid & cheek areas.

Second more advanced option is an injectable filler or fat to plump up the area. Fillers are made of material that is slowly removed over time. Hyaluronic acid facial fillers such as Restyland or Belotero have been used in this area to smooth the bags. Facial fillers treatment is performed in the office vial local anesthesia.

The last option, and also the most aggressive, is eyelid plastic surgery. Cosmetic surgery of the lower eyelid may remove or reposition fat in the eye bag area, and possible remove some sagging skin. Plastic surgeons typically don't recommend cosmetic eyelid surgery in young patients. However, each patient is unique and circumstances may vary. Age alone is not a determining factor if a person is a cosmetic surgery candidate.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a specialist help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/non-surgical-facelift.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bags under eyes

+1

The only method to definitively help with under eye bags is to correct them surgically.  This would involve removing some of the protruding fat, which would improve the puffiness.  The non-surgical option would involve using a filler, like Restylane, to inject under the bag to improve the appearance.  The result from the Restylane would be temporary and may last a year or a little longer at most.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

+1

The most affordable way, in the short term, to address the bags is with dermal fillers. This will camouflage the bags for up to a year before needing a repeat injection.

The long term solution would be lower lid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning or excision. This would address the problem for a much longer time, perhaps a decade or more.

So if you are good at saving, it may be a good idea set money aside for a couple of years and have it addressed the one time.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon