I Had Eye Lid Surgery over 2 Months Ago and the Eye Lids Are Still Discolored and Bumpy. Should I Still Expect Positive Changes?

Eyelids still bumpy two months after upper lid surgery

+2

By two months after upper lid surgery, most patients have some pigmentation changes of the scar line but the scar itself is smooth.  However, I have had some patients where the maturation of the scar has taken up to six months.  If the scars look better than they did a month ago, I would suggest continued patience.  Talk to your surgeon as he/she is the best judge of what is happening with your scars.  Good luck!

Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Not unusual

+2

Everyone heals differently. The same exact incision in two different patients may heal very differently. So its not unusual for some bumpiness a couple months out from surgery Scar evolution is complete at about 1 year after surgery, so some improvements will be occur up to that long out.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid incisions

+2

At two months, the scars may be very red and maybe bumpy. Without an exam it is difficult to say for sure, but usually the scars fade pretty well with time.

Healing incisions after eyelid surgery

+1

It is not unusual to see bumpiness and redness over your eyelid incisions after two months.  I tell all of my patients that it takes up to a year for incisions to fully heal.

Michael McCracken, MD
Lone Tree Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

+1

The 2 month mark is an important on for eyelid surgery.  Things should be relatively serene at this point.  Problems that are persisting may need to be addressed.  A careful assessment by your surgeon will highlight which issues are likely to resolve with additional patience and which issues may need a little help from your surgeon to resolve.