Eye Injury Caused Eye to Be Bigger, Can Plastic Surgery Fix It?

my left eye is bigger than my right eye due to an injury to my left eye when i was young. it got bigger after it healed i guessed. can plastic surgery fix it? So when I was just a kid i had an injury to my left eye. After it healed it got bigger. It isn't a droopy eyelid or whatever you call it. I'm positive of that. It's either my left eye ball pops out more or my left eye ball gotten bigger. bottom line is my left eye ball pops out of my socket more. after i fall asleep, my left eye always opens up a little. it gets dry more often, and irritated more often.

Eyelid Surgery for Bigger Eye

+1

Eyelid plastic surgery or cosmetic eyelid surgery may be an option for you. A qualified doctor can examine your eyes will help determine if your asymmetrical eyes can be fixed surgically. An experienced surgeon who specializes in Oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgery would be able to perform corrective surgery on your eyes that best suits you. Do your research before having eye surgery.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye asymmetry after injury

+1

It is difficult to assess your eye asymmetry without examination or at least a photo.  There are many eyelid and orbital factors that can contribute to eye asymmetry.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

One eye bigger....

+1

There are many different reasons why one eye may be bigger than the other. It may depend on the size of the eye socket, the amount of tissue in the eye socket [eyeball, muscles, nerves, etc], or it may be the effect of the eyelid position which may make the eye seem to be bigger or smaller.

In any event, such an asymmetry needs to be evaluated by an Oculoplastics Surgeon. You can find one close to you on the website ASOPRS dot org.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyes

+1

from an injury can be addressed but a correct diagnosis must first be made.  Any plastic surgeon (oculoplastic, facial, etc) should be able to evaluate you and determine what is wrong.  If the doctor is ethical and inexperienced in your problem, he/she should be able to refer you to someone who is capable for addressing your problem  As mentioned, a face to face consultation is mandatory in your situation and I hope you are able to find an answer to your problems.

Curtis Wong, MD

Oculoplastic surgery can improve eyelid asymmetry

+1

The only advise I would have for you is to make sure you search for a qualified oculoplastic surgeon in your area to be evaluated. General plastic surgeons do not specialize in this delicate area.

Kami K. Parsa, MD

Plastic Surgery For The Bigger Eye

+1

The first question becomes why is the eye bigger on that side. It is a bony abnormality from a prior fracture or a soft tissue lid issue. You would need to provide more specifics about the eye issue including photographs and a more detailed history of the prior injury to obtain a more useful answer.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Many options are possible.

+1

However the place to start is a personal consultation with an experienced oculoplastic surgeon.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory of highly qualified surgeons on their website.  This directory will help you find an appropriately trained surgeon close to where you live.

Complete Ocular Plastic Evaluation is Necessary

+1

An examination is necessary to determine the best course of action for your particular situation.  Your eye may appear larger on one side than another for several reasons:

• Ptosis or a droopy eyelid
  • Enophthalmos or change in volume of the orbit
  • Scarring of the eyelid or orbit

I would suggest that you have an examination by an Ocular Plastic Surgeon.

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid repairs take a personal assessment

+1

Plastic surgery can do many things to repair and adjust after injury, including the eyelid. Unfortunately, your probem is specific and unique to you, and you will get the best advice from a personal examination.