Dermal Fillers For Eye Hollows. Is it Possible to Get Desired Results in One Visit? (photo)

I would like to get dermal fillers for my eyes. I have always have eye hollowness, but it seems worse as I age. The skin in my eye area seems thinner, so that might be the issue. I was wondering is it possible to get my desired results in on one visit. I know I won't need to much, because they aren't that bad yet. Also, can restylne of Juverderm cause collagen to rebuild itself?

It is possible to get great results with tear trough filling in one sitting if you don't mind some swelling.

+1

Using blunt cannulas for the tear trough and upper cheek area is the best way to fill this area.  My preference is using Restylane as well.  Sometimes the correct needs several syringes.  If you can't tolerate any swelling after the procedure, it's best to break it up into a couple sessions.  Sleeping upright will allow for less swelling as well.  This is a tricky area because done wrong, prolonged bruising and swelling can occur.  Pick someone very experienced in this area.  

Web reference: http://stevenfweinermd.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/blunt-tipped-micro-cannulas-are-the-bomb-for-dermal-fillers-dr-steve-weiner/

Dermal fillers give great results for Under Eye Hollows

+1

Most often you can achieve great results in a single visit. It would usually only be someone with very deep hollowing who might benefit from a *stepped approach.

Since the fillers used are nearly always hyaluronic gels like Perlane or Restylane, there's no worry of overfilling since those products can be dissolved if you feel it's too much.

*Some people, if they know they tend to swell more than usual after HA fillers, might purposefully take a 2 step approach and do a complete fill incrementally.

You'll love the result. It lasts a long time and goes a long way in perking up the whole face. No one likes to look tired and under eye hollows are the prime culprit.

Web reference: http://www.rebeccafitzgeraldmd.com/restylane.html

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Dermal Fillers for Hollow Eyes (Tear Troughs)

+1

Yes, I have found dermal fillers to work very well in this area (commonly referred to as the tear trough, eye hollow, or infraorbital area).  Although it is possible to get the desired result in one visit, I inform patients that a conservative approach is best and underfilling is preferrable to overfilling (you can always add more, but can't easily take it away).  A longer term solution to this appearance is a specific type of cheek implant (appropriately named a tear trough implant), but this is a more invasive procedure with greater risk.  Restylane and Juvederm work reliably.  

Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.