Under Eye Fillers? Second Opinion?

I am a 36 year old woman with olive skin, I have an inherited deep tear trough I have a had my whole life, even when I was a child, no bags under the eyes either. I inquired about having under eye filler but was told a cheek filler would be helpful too... My question is can I just do the under eye filler with out plumping up the cheeks to get that non-tire look? I have normal size cheeks for my face, Im not trying to change my face, I just want a well rested look.

Treating undereye circles and hollowing of the undereyes

+1

Under eye circles and a deep lid cheek junction may be improved with a fat transposition blepharoplasty, which works well to recontour the cheek and eyelid junction. 

Fillers for under the eye

+1

With under eye fillers, sometimes injecting in the cheek is appropriate. If patients only have a small tear trough, a very little bit of hyaluronic acid filler in the tear trough is all that is needed. But most patients have hollowing extending lower down in the face and injection lower in the face to lift the cheek is needed.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under Eye Fillers

+1

The photograph does not allow sufficient views to determine the optimal treatment plan. If you are unsure that you received proper guidance from your initial consulation, consult with 2 - 3 additional board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS