Under eye fat transfer. How long does the swelling last?

How long will the swelling last? How much is swelling and how much is the fat transfer? The swelling is uneven - should I be worried. Thank you

+1
Swelling really varies from person to person. It usually subsides during the first week but can continue for a couple weeks beyond that. If you are concerned, visit your plastic surgeon.

Fat Transfer Toronto

+1

Swelling can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks. In some people it can last even longer. You should discuss your concerns with your PS as you have already had the procedure.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Fat Transfer and recovery

+1

thank you for your question

that transferred to the face or eyes came cost anywhere from 2500 up to $5000. Depending on how much fat is transferred and how much of the face is treated swelling can be moderate lasting 3-5 days or if the entire face is treated the swelling and bruising can be very dramatic and in some cases take up to 2 weeks to resolve.

I will see very clearly about my own practice that many of my patients are quite swollen and bruised for anywhere from 10-14 days and to some degree of bit more. In my experience much of the fat resorbed and goes away early on necessitating a generous transfer of fat volume for the best long-term results

I will attach a patient's post and description of their experience which I think you will find very helpful.

Chase Lay, MD

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after fat transfer

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

I'm not sure based on your question if you've had the fat transfer or are inquiring about it. If you've had it and have uneven swelling, I'd talk to your plastic surgeon. I routinely perform this procedure and noticeable swelling really only lasts for a few days, usually gone by a week. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD