Are Eye Drops on Regular Basis a Viable Solution for Eye Lid Ptosis?

The ptosis isn't advanced enough to become an insurance issue. I would pay for it myself but the surgeon feels it's too small of a refinement to justify surgery now. Are eye drops on a regular basis a viable solution for eye lid ptosis until the ptosis progresses? What are the medicines that would be considered for prescription? What type of doctor would be the one to go to for the prescription?

Eye drops for ptosis

+1

While one could consider using eye drops for ptosis, I have never heard of it being done successfully in the long run. It is a wonderful diagnostic tool, however.

The negatives would include: pupil dilation, light sensitivity , duration of effect , cost and simply remembering to take the drops.

Ptosis surgery is very safe and effective and waiting until severe enough to be more bothersome would be the best bet.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon