Is under eye crepiness normal 2 years post co2 laser resurfacing and blepharoplasty? What can be done now? (photo)

I am 30 years old and 2 years ago had a lower lid blepharoplasty (fat pads removed) with co2 laser resurfacing (per dr's recommendation) just on lower lids. I had hardly any under eye wrinkles before but now the skin looks wrinkled/crepey. Is this to be expected? I though co2 laser resurfacing was supposed to help skin look less wrinkled? I've been using a retinol product (Roc brand) with moisturizer but seems to be worsening. Would retin A be better or worse? Other recommendations? Thank you.

Treatment options for Lower Lid Wrinkles

+2

Yes the CO2 laser is wonderful for treatment of the lower lid wrinkles and crepiness, but it will only show improvement for 18 months to 24 months. At that point one must consider repeating the laser treatment, undergoing a chemical peel, or combination of a fat transfer along with a skin resurfacing procedure. Another option I have used is using the ULTHERA (ultrasonic energy to tighten fibromuscular layer of lower lid muscle followed by a repeat superficial skin resurfacing (prefer Fractional CO2).

For long term improvement, (fighting father time), I would encourage you to use Retin-A. The collagen building you receive from topical vitamin A, will help enhance and maintain your results for years to come. Dilute Botox can also be a quick fix, but must be reapplied semi-annually. M.Lyons, MD, FACS

Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crepiness at 30

+1

You are seeing the normal signs of aging. Laser simply turns back the clock but the clock still ticks. You could consider using Retin A regularly and then Cellex C to help moisturize as an alternative to resurfacing which could also be done again. Talk to your surgeon about options and pursue what will work best for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Need volume

+1

Good morning!

It appears that you have a lack of volume in your lower eyelids that is contributing to your lower eyelid appearance. Also, I would discuss with your provider about holding off on the retinol for now and concentrate on keeping your lower lids well moisturized and use a good sunscreen.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD