Best Eye Cream to Prevent Eyelid Scarring After Ocular Plastic Surgery?

Hello, a few days ago I had an unfortunate incident occur when my cat accidentally scratched my eyelid. :( I got 9 stitches from an ocular plastic surgeon in the ER which are currently healing quite well. Once the stitches have dissolved and the wound has healed completely, I was wondering if there was a particular brand of eye cream that came highly recommended to prevent scarring. I am 26 years old and have no other eye problems, but I do wear contact lenses. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cicalfate by Avene is amazing healing cream

+1

I am sorry to hear of your accident but in the eyelid area it is very likely everything will heal very well. Use plain vaseline ointment/petrolatum or aquaphor frequently right now until the scabbing stops. Another great option right now and also after stitches are out is Cicalfate by Avene - it contains zinc and sucralfate to help with healing and is also very moisturizing and soothing for the skin. I would avoid mederma in the eyelid area as it is likely to cause irritation and this may be a problem with other healing/scar creams as well, as the eyelid skin is very sensitive. Early treatments with Vbeam pulsed dye laser can help minimize scarring as well - this can be done as soon as 1 week after suture removal.

Web reference: http://www.aveneusa.com/cicalfate-restorative-skin-cream/

Charlotte Dermatologist