Eye and Brow Ptosis Only at Night

When I wake up, my eyes and brows look fine, but at night my eyelids droop and my brows fall a lot lower. I know I need ptosis surgery for my eyes but I am wondering how to fix my brows. Would I need a regular brow lift or would a transblepharoplasty brow lift and endotines help hold my brows in place and fix the problem?

Eye and Brow Ptosis Only at Night

+2

Hi Violet.

In terms of your brow ptosis, it is always better to see you in person before recommending an exact method of brow repair.  That said, I have not been impressed long term with endotine brow lifts.  The other methods that are available all have advantages and disadvantages and depending on your anatomy, one may be better then the other.  You should see an Oculoplastic surgeon who could both correct your ptosis and fix the brow ptosis as well.  He should be able to go over with you all the pros and cons of each procedure.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift

+2

The answer to your brow lift depends on your anatomy (brow position, hairline) and expense. There are at least 5 different techniques available for brow lift and contouring.  During consultation, the pros and cons of each will be explained.

Dr Taban

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Endotine and forehead lift

+1

I do not use endotines and do not care for transcutaneous blepharoplasty.  I have removed endotines because they are uncomfortable and can be seen through thin skin.  I do an anatomic endoscopic brow lift and if done correctly no fixations devices should be used.   Make sure you see a board - certified plastic surgeon.

Samer W. Cabbabe, M.D.

Board - Certified Plastic Surgeon

Saint Louis Plastic Surgery Consultants

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Ptosis Surgery and Brow Surgery in LA

+1

Dear Violet,

Ptosis surgery is quite complex and has multiple variables that need to be examined for a proper outcome.  A good result is predicated by the appropriate procedure choice.  Thus, I would recommend an appointment with Dr. Hisham Seify, who is quite experienced with this problem and is in your area.  Best wishes.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Browlift

+1

There are many ways to lift the brows with different effects and recovery. Ask your surgeon to describe what s/he does. In my practice, the following methods are used: Botox, temporal browlift, midforehead browlift, endoscopic forehead lift, and pretricheal forehead lift. I no longer perform transblepharoplasty browlift and endotines or coronal forehead lift because I am not happy with those procedures.

Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy brows at night

+1

This is a bit unusual that your concerns are related to the time of day . If surgery is done to correct a condition that exists in a certain position or time of day or when sleeping, you might look startled during the rest of the day. Resubmit this question with appropriate pictures of the upper half of your face.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon