Under Eye a NO BOTOX ZONE? (photo)

My Phys Ass (Dr. approved) gives me my juvaderm in my lips,,,,,and I love it!They look great-going on 7 mos now. Now she wan ts botox around (my eyes) and 1 or 2 sticks under my eye. This makes me nervous. I have heard a loy of people say botox will cause this fat pockles instead fine lines. My PA said she has done this for years, and probably 6-8 pts a day. But I have heard a lot of complaints about getting botox under the eyes. 

Botox around the eyes

+2

It is perfectly safe to have Botox injected under and around your eyes, but be sure your PA is well-trained and experienced and knows how to assess you to ensure you are a good candidate. Not everyone benefits from the same treatments.

Botox for under the eyes

+1

In general, an appropriate skincare regimen, resurfacing procedures such as peels and lasers, and finally Botox or Dysport injections can address fine wrinkles under the eyes. When the injections are performed properly, you should have a great result. If you are not comfortable with having the injections, you may want to try the other treatments. The best treatment for you really depends on your invidual circumstances, as not all patients will benefit from every treatment for wrinkles under the eyes. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox under the Eyes

+1

An experienced injector can use botox under the eyes with nice results. The doses are very small. A higher dose can distort the shape of your lower eyelid to show too much white of your eye which does not look nice.Also, it is especially important to avoid aspirin and ibuprofen at least 10 days before injecting this area to avoid bruises. Arnica pills can help prevent bruises as well. Bruises are rare with botox injections. 

Michael Horn, MD

Botox Under the Eye

+1

Under the eye is a very delicate place to inject anything, Botox included. The area is quite unforgiving, is filled with vasculature, and is technically challenging. Therefore, making a seemingly miniscule mistake with Botox can result in months of being unhappy with your appearance. That said, the appropriately trained clinician can accomplish great results with Botox under the eye when done right and in the appropriate amount. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Botox around the eyes

+1

Botox has been widely used for Crow's feet, and even the wrinkles under the eyes (in some cases). I personally do all my own Botox injections and would not delegate to a nurse or PA such an important treatment so as to maximize results and minimize any risk of problems. If injected improperly (wrong location, depth or amount), you can develop swelling under the eyes related to reduced tear duct function. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox under lower eyelash line is very effective for the right patient

+1

Botox is one of the most important eye area rejuvenating procedures. I routinely place Botox under the eyelash line, just 1 or 2 units. It helps to open up the eyes and softens the wrinkles that occur on the lower lid when we squint. It's a great treatment, but there are some patients who should not have it placed there, and that's why seeing a physician who is very skilled with Botox is essential.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is great for crow's feet, not for under the eyes

+1

Botox is great for crow's feet, but not for the area below your eyes.  It does not matter how many your P.A. does a day.  At a minimum it is not helpful and a waste of Botox.  So just have your crow's feet done (and forehead if necessary) and if you need treatment for bagginess or wrinkles below the eyes, you need to see a plastic surgeon and consider some other modalities such as laser resurfacing or lower blepharoplasties.  Your photo looks a little dark so it is hard for me to tell.  I've attached a linke to the eyelid part of my website. 

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Under Eye a NO BOTOX ZONE?

+1

Posted photo very dark exposure! Best to discuss with the doctor also than just the PA. If after a meeting you are still unsure than DO NOT proceed. 

Under Eye a NO BOTOX ZONE?

+1

The risk is causing excessive weakness of the muscle that supports the eyelid. This can result in a temporary droop in the eyelid or worsening of bags in the lower eyelids. The treatment is safe but needs to be very conservative and only applied to a carefully selected patient. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for under eyes

+1

Botox, when used correctly, is safe to use under the eyes.  However, I would say in my experience, it works better on the lines on the sides of the eyes than the lines below the eyes.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon