Why is One Eye Bigger Than the Other One? (photo)

Eyelid Surgery Possibilities for You

+1

From the photo you provided, it appears possible that the asymmetry you're concerned about is within "normal" ranges.  Nearly everyone's face shows some differences between the right and left sides, when you look closely.  Your photo seems to indicate that you have a little more asymmetry around your eyes than many people do, but it will certainly be more apparent to you than it is to your friends.

I assume you may be interested in what can be done to minimize the difference in your case.  The right strategy is impossible to recommend without an in-depth examination, but tools could include a browlift, an eyelid lift, Botox and even fat transfer.  It's likely that some combination of these would work well for you.  Cosmetic surgery around the eyes demands years of experience and a delicate touch!  Make sure you look for these assets in a plastic surgeon if you consider making a change.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Asymmetrical eyelids

+1

There are significant  asymmetries to the eyelids and eyebrows. One brow is lower than the other in addition to  asymmetry of the upper and lower lids and brows. Asymmetrical surgery can be performed to make the lid the eyelids look more symmetrical on limited occasions.

Correctable asymmetry of the eyes.

+1

I can only offer a very general opinion because of the limited information of one photograph. The right brow slightly lower than the left which creates more fullness of the right upper lid. The lateral border of the left lower lid is slightly droopy or than the right. These may be worthy of surgical correction but I would point out that the asymmetry is modest.

Why is one eye bigger than the other?

+1

I believe the difference in your eyes is due to the difference in the level of your eyebrows.  Without seeing you move your eyebrows and see how they are when you are relaxed, it's difficult to know if this is due to you just raising the brow more or some other issue.  When the brow is raised, as yours is, it shows more of the upper eyelid.  It is possible that a treatment like Botox, placed above the higher brow, could help to even out your appearance.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon