Eye Looking Bigger After Surgery?

I am 19 years old.i had my right eye smaller than the left.i had a surgery 15 days ago.now there is no swelling.but now my right eye looks bigger than the left one.what should i do?is it due to improper surgery?

Eye Looking Bigger After Surgery?

+1

It is impossible to say for sure without seeing photos and knowing what surgery was performed but it is highly likely that the over-correction you are seeing is temporary. In most cases, this is not at all unusual. Return to your plastic surgeon to inquire as they have all of the necessary information to answer your question. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Big eyes and asymmetry after eyelid surgery

+1

More details, such as what type of surgery was performed would be helpful.  If you had the right upper eyelid lifted, it is possible it now sits higher than the left upper eyelid, making the eye appear bigger.  This can happen if the left eyelid descends after the surgery due to a certain neurologic effect inherent in the eyelids (Hering's law).  It also could just be a temporary asymmetry.  Wait at least 2-3 months until you are well healed, then discuss this with your eyelid surgeon if you are still asymmetric

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon