Eye Bags, Sagging, Dry Skin Under One Eye Especially. What Do You Recommend? (photo)

42 yrs., dry, sagging skin under left eye. The eye seems swollen, and the skin drags down throughout the day. Few tears, optometrist has said I have blocked tear ducts. I am using hot rice bags, drops and fish oil, but no change I can see. This follows a period of several months in the last 18 mos. when I had big bags every day under both eyes. Thyroid tested and fine, but thyroid eye disease? Seeing MD again very soon and ocular surgeon as well. look 10 yrs. aged in last 18 mos; it's awful.

Please send better picture that show the eyes and face

+1

looks like most of your problem is related to thr dry eye and should have full evaluation by an ophthalmologist. You are not a good candidate for any  treatments till dry eye issue is resolved.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

What is your main concern? Tearing or Appearance...or both

+1

The photos unfortunately don't help us much here. You certainly have a few wrinkles around your eyes, and there is maybe a bit more swelling around the left eye, but again, nothing spectacular.

Thyroid eye disease can cause these symptoms, though with normal thyroid tests, this chance is less likely [though still possible].

The tearing issue would need to be addressed by an Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org site.

Good luck

Web reference: http://seattleface.com/html/dr_amadi.php

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tearing

+1

It sounds like the primary problem you have is tearing or at least, you should be evaluated for it.  Tearing has many causes, and generally categorized either as something irritating your eyes or blockage of the tear outflow.  Consult an oculoplastic surgeon or ophthalmologist.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon