Juvederm for Eye Bags Safe and Effective? (photo)

Have seen a doctor who has recommended injecting juvederm under the bag (between the bag and the cheek) to make it less noticeable. Is this procedure safe and easy with good results usually?

Eyelid fillers

+1

When there is a significant amount of fat herniation in the lower lids, a lower blepharoplasty thru a transconjunctival incision is preferred. This incision is located on the inside of the lower eyelid.  It will be impossible to hide these fat bags with any filler.  We have seen may unhappy patients from other offices who have tried to do fillers in this area for this type of problem.

Web reference: http://eyelids.com

Juvederm under the eyes

+1

Juvederm is a fantastic filler, but I prefer it in the lips instead of under the eyes. Under the eyes I prefer Restylane or Radiesse. Juvederm tends to attract more water, which can cause swelling or lumping under the eyes, which is not what you need. Best of luck!

Lower eyelid bags before and after

+1

Dear Costanza Man,

• I prefer Restylane over Juvederm because it does not swell as much and is more predictable
  • I have seen patients who are happy with Juvederm, and also patients who come in with worse bags
  • Depending on your exam, surgery might be a better option because it may take too much filler, or it may not be appropriate to get the result you want

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Juvederm for Eye Bags Safe and Effective?

+1

Juvederm is safe for the undereye area. The biggest risk is bruising. Dermal filler in this area is temporary, however. It needs to be repeated roughly once each year. A lower blepharoplasty, on the other hand, is a permanent surgical procedure to remove the fat in the lower eyelid that is causing the lower eyelid bag. Both are options to consider. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/blepharoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Filler Can Safe and Effective

+1
I would recommend either Restylane or the lighter weight juvederm for filling under the eyes in the tear trough area. It can last 1 to 1.5 years when performed correctly. However, unless you are completely opposed to having surgery, I recommend having the fat surgically removed. This procedure is called a transconjunctival blepharoplasty and is permanent. No external incisions visible scars are involved. Any bruising or swelling should resolve relatively quickly.
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for eye bags

+1

Juvederm is one option for improving the appearance of eye bags.  It is safe and effective and works by filling in the area below the bag to make the bag appear less puffy.  Another option for improving eye bags is to have surgery to remove some of the fat.  This procedure reduces the puffiness rather than just hiding it, as Juvederm would do.  The surgical method also has the advantage of being more long term than a Juvederm treatment.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon