Under Eye Bags when I Smile, What Are My Options?

I am 28 and over the past couple of years I've developed under eye bags. When I'm not smiling, I only have a few barely noticeable wrinkles under my eyes. The rest of my skins great so it really gets me down. If I smile, I get massive wrinkly bags! I tried botox with no effect, what are my options?

Under eye bags when smiling

+1

Without a picture it is hard to judge.  In some people this is redundant skin, in others, especially younger people, this can be due to a robust orbicularis muscle in the lower eyelid that is more noticeable with smiling.  It could be that the Botox just needs to be better placed. If skin is truly the problem, a lower lid blepharoplasty may help, but at your age any skin and or muscle removal would need to be very conservative to avoid eyelid retraction.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for an exam to determine the root cause.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon