Treatment for Hollow and Sagging Under Eye Area?

My eyebags are hollow. They seem like they have a lot of fluid in them as well. Also, I have a part on one of my eyes that sags down near my cheekbone. I've seen it on ladies 2 times my age! It makes me look tired and old and I feel very self-conscious about it. What can I do? Creams are out of the question because its hollow and sagging already! Help!

Hollow & sagging eyelid treatment

+2

BoBo18,

Sagging & hollow lower eyelid are a common problem. Normal aging is the most common cause, but the lower eyelid appearance may also be due to thyroid problem, kidney condition, or allergies. Swelling or fluid in the tissues, which is not due to aging, is best approached by treating the underlying condition, such as taking thyroid or allergy medication.

Fat or sagging skin & muscle causing bags under the lower eyelid can be treated with cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic options included add volume with injectable fillers (hyaluronic acid, collagen, or fat) or lower eyelid plastic surgery. Hollow eyelids due better with add volume deep to the skin. Plastic surgery of the eyelid usually removes or repositions fat & tissue to create a more youthful appearance. Without pictures, however, it's difficult to provide a more specific answer.

Speak with a plastic surgeon specializing in facial surgery to help determine which treatment is appropriate for you. Best of luck.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Eyes in a young person

+1

Thank you for your question about your eyes. Without a photo it is hard to be sure but it sounds as though you have

• Inherited excess lower lid fat.
  • Allergies, low thyroid and other problems can cause swelling here too,
  • See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon or Opthalmologist (oculoplastic surgeon) to figure this out,
  • Usually surgery is a transconjuntival lower lid blepharopasty to remove excess fat and redrape the remaining fat is the best approach,