Eye Bags and Facial Asymmetry? (photo)

I am in my early thirties and have been struggling to conceal eye bags over the last year (recently developed and I'm assuming it's a part of aging and lack of sleep). Any suggestions on treatment would be appreciated (so far Teamine and other topicals haven't helped). Also, I have quite noticeable asymmetry of my eyes. I've learned to get creative with makeup and eyeliner to downplay this flaw but I would also be interested in learning about surgical and no-surgical options to improve the asymmetry.

Fillers can help camouflage eye bags, but they are temporary and have limitations. Scar-less surgery is best and permanent

+1

The bags under your eyes are referred to as lower eyelid fat prolapse. This means that fat that is normally around the eyes pushes forward and creates a bulge, that becomes a bag that we call in our field herniated fat.

A popular non-surgical approach to treat eye bags is amaterial called hyaluronic acid such as Restylane. It is strategically placed in an area called a tear trough. When the herniated fat is just slight, you can camouflage that area with Restylane. However in your case, I suspect that it would be because once it is beyond a certain level, you really cannot camouflage it with hyaluronic acid. Instead, the bags can become even larger when you use an injectable.

In your case, I suggest a combination procedure. The first procedure is transconjunctival blepharoplasty where there is a structural reduction and sculpting of the fat pockets under the eyes from the inside of the eyelid with no outside incision. I also combine this procedure with the placement of platelet-rich plasma which is your own blood that has been spun down and concentrated. This creates a stimulation of growth factors and blood supply to the skin so that the skin quality improves. If you’re a candidate for laser or radio frequency and skin tightening, we would consider that as well.

Facial aging is also volume loss not just in the under eye area but in the cheek as well. So sometimes we also do volume enhancement and fillers such as Radiesse in the cheek area as an ongoing maintenance. As far as the definitive procedure for lower eyelid bags, transconjunctival blepharoplasty under local anesthesia called LITE™ sedation for quicker recovery is the recommended procedure.

Web reference: http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye Bags and Facial Asymmetry?

+1

The tear troughs can be filled for an improvement in the bags.  Conservative fat resection of the lower eyelids can be performed as well.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

Lower eyelid bags and asymmetry

+1

There are a couple of other options for treatment of lower eyelid bags.  A non-surgical option would be using a filler, like Restylane, which can be placed around the bags to help camouflage them.  The result would be temporary but can last a year or so.  The other option would be to surgically remove some of the protruding fat which causes the bags.  The asymmetry could also be addressed during a consultation with a surgeon for your eyelids.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering lower eyelid blepahroplasty in your early 30's

+1

Even at an early age you can begin to see signs of aging.  You have tried the most common techniques to cover the problem.  If this is not helping then you may want to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon for possible lower eyelid blepharoplasty.  This would help remove the lower eyelid bulges and restore a youthful fullness to the lower eyelid area.