Eye Bags After Fat Grafting Procedure

I had a fat grafting procedure performed to pad the area under my eyes. (For whatever reason the muscle could be easily seen through my very fair and very thin skin) I was initially pleased but now the fat seems to have fallen a few centimeters and has actually made me look as if I have bags under my eyes. I have no idea what I can do to correct this. I'm 33 and I know that I will have additional surgeries in the future but it's not affordable now. Is it possible that the remaining fat will be absorbed or will it have to be surgicallly corrected?

Eye bags after fat grafting procedure

+2

Hi,

It depends on how long ago your fat transfer procedure was performed.

You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. It may be possible to blend the protruding fat by using Restylane injections. There is a procedrue called Acculift that uses laser assisted liposuction to smooth fat.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fat transfer to lower lids

+1

Fat transfers can be successful, or very commonly, be very fleeting, depending on many factors.

How long ago did you did you have the procedure?

Likely, you will need a blepharoplasty. On thing that may help is transposition of the orbital fat with its blood supply in order to plump up hollow orbits or tear trough deformities.

Fat falling below eyelids

+1

If the fat has been displaced it may be removed surgically but there is a chance of bruising and even bleeding whether it is done by traditional surgery or liposuction. If you haven't seen the doctor who did the procedure, you should schedule a follow-up appointment for them to evaluate you. Cortisone injections may thin the fat, but youmay want to ask an ophthalmologist if this would increase your risk for glaucoma or cataracts despite your young age. If you do not have a satisfactory answer from the treating physician see an oculoplastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Fat grafting to eyelid

+1

I would agree with Dr. Persky.

Depending on the timing of the placement of the fat, it is highly unlikely that it has "fallen a few centimeters.". It is more likley that you still have some persistant swelling that is contributing to this. If it is swelling, it is likely to resolve. If it truly is fat, then surgery may be required to treat the problem.

Web reference: http://m