Eye Bags After Botox

I had Botox on my forehead, between the eyes and underneath the eyes. Have had botox under the eyes many times before but the doctor which I hadn't seen before injected 30% more. I now have extreme skin laxity and hallowness in the eye sockets and bags under my eyes and droppy brow. I went back and after 14 days had some injectible filler under my eyes to smooth out hallowness. I still look 10 years older than I did. Will skin tightness return under eyes? What treatment would you suggest?

Eye Bags After Botox

+1

Hi,

Very small amounts of Botox typically  only 1-2 units are needed to get rid of wrinkles under the eyes.  However, if you already have bags under the eyes,  you should avoid Botox under the eyes since you will relax the muscle holding the bags in!  Do not chase this with other procedures to improve this since it will wear off fairly quickly.

Dr. Liu

Web reference: http://www.newportcoastdermatology.com

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) into lower eyelid and worsened bags, pouches, festoons

+1

The bags are likely associated with the decreased tone of the muscles supporting the lower eyelid. As the Botulinum Toxin (Dysport and Botox) effect wears off the muscle tone returns you should return to your previous appearance.,

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/botox/

Loose skin after eyelids

+1
Before you start chasing new problems such as long term results from fillers that won't look good when the botox wears off, it might be more prudentto be patient and let your naturalappearance return and then have Botox done the way you formerly had.

Botox around the Eyes MUST be Done CAREFULLY

+1

Injection of Botox around the eyes must be done very carefully and with a full understanding of the consequences of what will happen in EACH area the Botox is placed.

It is NOT a good idea to venture more centrally / medially along the lower lid. Doing so may smooth some of the wrinkles but in exchange will weaken the muscle which acts as a retaining net to the fat inside the eye socket. The result - loss of the retaining function, the fat pooches out resulting in bagging lids and a sunken eyeball which appears OLD.

Similarly, applying Botox anywhere above the brow will DROP IT. Very few people look good with dropped brows and worse yet, irregular, Dog's leg dropped brows with that screwed up "Wass up?" surprised look. Nothing screams "Bad Botox" more than that. (SEE LINK BELOW).

In your case, you demonstrate
- bilateral asymmetric, droopy eyebrows which worsen an existing
- excess upper lid skin
- looseness of the outer corner of the eye (lateral canthus) with a hint of rounding of the angle
- prominent Tear troughs which were not corrected by the injections (Hint of bruise on the ?right side of your photo)

I would advise you to seek a second opinion from a qualified plastic surgeon. You may benefit from OTHER cosmetic procedures which the present treatments did not accomplish because they were either done poorly, in insufficient quantities or for the wrong indications.

TO LEARN EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BOTOX, GOOD AND BAD, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW