What Are My Options For Getting Rid Of Eye Bags At The Age of 22?

Arcus Release and Fat Grfating Best Solution for Eye Bags at 22

+3

The most prominent thing I see on your photo is the deep depression or crease beneath your lower eyelids. Many people call this "Dark Circles under the Eyes," I call it the Arcus Deformity.

This depression is the attachment of the Arcus Marginalis, a small structure that holds the skin tightly. Above the crease the lower eyelid skin bulges creating the appearance of eye bags.

The procedure I use described in the link below to correct this releases the Arcus Marginalis and transplants a piece of fat beneath the depression. It works-see pics in link.

Avoid fillers injected around the eyes-they are dangerous and rarely work. More often filler injection makes the problem worse

Eyelid bags in the Young Person

+3

When someone comes to me with under eye bags, and they are young, usually the anatomic problem is not the eyelid bags.  True eyelid bags develop in people past 40 yrs of age.  When young people have "bags" they are usually "false bags."

The eye sockets contain fat which forms a cushion for the eyeball.  This peri-orbital fat is held in the eye socket by a thin orbital septum within the eyelids..  As we age, the orbital septum weakens and allows the fat to bulge into the lower lids.  This bulging casts a shadow below the bulge and gives us the appearance of bags.  You don't have this type of bag.

Young people have strong septums which do not bulge.  The shadowing you see in your photos is because you have a hollow area below your eyelid in the "Tear Trough".  The best treatment for you is to build up the hollow area below your eyelid to bring this skin into the light and stop the shadow formation.  This filling can be accomplished with fillers, fat injections, or by placement of a Flowers Tear Trough Implant.

Please make sure that you consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this condition.  I would strongly advise you not to have fat removed from your eyes at this point as this will lead to long term hollowing of your eyes and still not fix your problem.

Good luck!

Gilbert Lee, MD

You have a couple of options here

+2

1) Do nothing for now.

2) Have undereye filler (I prefer Restylane).

3) Have transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty.

I would recommend option 2.  The fillers will hold in the lower eyelid for 1-2 years.  Eventually you may benefit from actual lower eyelid surgery.

Under eye dark circles and eye bags

+1

You will get some improvement with facial fillers, such as Juvederm or Restylane, which will last 12-18 months.  Eventually you may need a lower eyelid blepharoplasty with fat transposition done from an incision on the inside of the eyelid. This will be the longest lasting option. It will release the tissue holding back the fat so it can move into the groove between the eyelid and cheek.  This restores the youthful look of the lower eyelid.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eye bags at 22

+1

Yes, you do have under eye bags.  But I agree with others who said that your best option at present is having under eye fillers (such as Restylane).  You may be sufficiently happy with the improvement to your appearance that you will not need surgery for years.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Options for getting rid of lower eye bags at age 22?

+1

There are two groups of patients that develop eye bags.  One is late 30's and older as the orbital septum weakens revealing the fat bags.  However, the other are teens and those in their early 20's.  You appear to be in that group as the photos shows fat bags in the medial and central fat pads.  IMHO, there's only 1 solution to removing these fat bags and that's a lower Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) preferrably through the transconjunctival approach to hide the scar.