Eye Bag Removal Options? (photo)

I am 28 yr old female in Seattle, wa. Everyone thought i was about 18yrs -22 yrs of age until this past year when I developed these eye bags. I went to see an eye surgeon at a Spa Party and he thinks there is not much fat but it is puffy/swollen. He said they will not go away and suggested line fillers or transfer fat under my eyes. What do you think is my best option???

Repositioning of the lower eyelid fat is an good option for puffiness

+1

Lower eyelid fat repositioning is a good option for the puffiness from the fat bulging in the lower eyelid. I have performed this procedure from a behind the eyelid (hidden) incision since 1997. Through a transconjunctival incision, the weak membrane which allows the fat of the lower eyelid to bulge is released and the bulging fat is sewn into the fat of the cheek, which smoothes the bulge. The orbital septum, the membrane which typically holds the fat back, can be weak naturally or can weaken with age. The youngest patient I have performed this surgery for was 18, with the oldest in the 70's.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower lid bags in a young person

+1

makes it important to determine what is causing it.  If it truly is fat, there are many options for dealing with it from surgical repositioning and removal to camouflaging it with fillers or fat grafts.  Hopefully you have seen a qualified surgeon with experience around the eyes and you have been able to make the right decision for yourself after discussing the options thoroughly with him/her.

Curtis Wong, MD

Eye Bag Removal Options?

+1

I have performed eyelid surgery for well over 20 years and these eye bags appear quite low and may be on your cheeks.  I suggest a few consultations with plastic and cosmetic surgerons to evaluate your lower eyelids for proper recommendations be they fillers or eyelid surgery.

Puffy bags under the eyes

+1

I would start simple with injectable fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm in the cheek region just underneath the eyelids and tr to blend the contour of the cheek with the lower eyelid. These products usually last anywhere from 6 months to a year and a half. The actual injection is an art form but it is non-invasive and you have virtually no down time. If you like the look then you might consider fat transfer in the future as it is easier to inject a larger volume and the results often times can last for several years. You may need surgery in the future but I would start simple.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Just get a little bit of filler placed in the under eye hollow.

+1

Restylane for the under eye hollow is an excellent alternative to actual lower eyelid surgery.  Longevity of the service can be well over a year up to two years.  The service is an art form.  Look for a very experienced injector.