Under-eye bag/circles treatment? (Photo)

I have had these under eye bags since I was quite young, my doctors have said they are a result of my allergies to dust mites and that they may never go away even with me treating the allergy, is there anything I can do?

You have some prolapsed fat under the eyes.

+1
People who have a lot of allergies frequently complain of swelling under the eyes.  But the fat prolapse can occur without allergies - so hard to know what additional swelling the allergy adds. Regardless, you have some hollowing in the tear trough.  If you put some filler in there, you should notice that your eyes will look much smoother, and the darkness will improve as well.     

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dark circles

+1
Hi. The dark circles are caused by a groove between your eyelid fat and cheek fat (nasojugal grooves). As you are very young the best way to improve these is using a dermal filler injected to fill up the groove. These are very safe, but are only temporary, lasting 4-6 months. You should always have something temporary first to see whether you like the effect. If you like the effect then there are longer lasting fillers, which can last up to 18 months or so. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Allergic Shiners! Urban Myth!

+1
There is a grain of truth with every lie.  Some kids eye rub because of allergies and they do indeed make the lower eyelid mechanically worse.  Mostly these have nothing to do with allergies.  Regarding surgery, it is very important to understand that there is more than one cause for under eye bags.  Yours are not caused by herniated fat.  Standard lower blepharoplasty will not help you.  Put your finder on top of the bag.  What you are feeling is your orbital rim!.  Your best solution is to have Restylane filler in the under eye hollow.  Treatment will last about a year, perhaps more.  Be very selective where you go for this service.  It is an art form.

Under eye bags treatment

+1
If the bags under your eyes do not improve with your allergy treatments, there are two options for treatment.  You could have surgery to address the fat herniation which creates the bags or you could have a filler injected under the bags to help camouflage them.  The surgical result would be longer lasting.  If you opted to go with the filler, I would recommend one of the hyaluronic acid fillers, like Restylane.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under-eye bag/circles treatment?

+1
You could be a surgical candidate to remove the bags.  The skin discoloration will not go away with surgery.  See an Oculoplastic surgeon to go over your options.  

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon