Eye Asymmetry. Possible Correcting It?

Hi there, I would like to know if there are minor eye procedures that can fix the asymmetry of my eyes? My right eye seems to be higher and smaller and the left is bigger. Can a plastic surgeon be able to fix the outer part of the right eye like making the bottom lid smaller with surgery to give the eyes more of a balance? Or are there other suggestions? You can notice the asymmetry more on camera and photos.

Asymmetric eyes

+1

periorbital soft tissues, eyelids (upper and lower) and brows can have their position adjusted.  the globe (eyeball) and bone can not be easily moved without major surgery that is usually reserved for reconstructive purposes.  with that said adjustments of the soft tissues can be used to ameliorate some globe malposition.

Eye Asymmetry Fixes

+1

One eye being physically higher than the other is usually not worth fixing and undergoing the surgery, as it is extensive.  The other items you mentioned may be possible, but you will need an exam to determine what you desire and what is possible with your given anatomy.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Asymmetrical eyelids

+1

It is possible to fix asymmetrical eyelids. It really depends on what is causing the asymmetry. Pictures would be helpful. Minor adjustments to the excess skin, muscle and fat can be performed during a blepharoplasty procedure to balance the eyelids.

Web reference: http://eyelids.com

Eyelid surgery

+1

It is impossible to answer this without actually examining you. It depends on what is causing the asymmetry, but in most cases it is not worth the risk and money to fix minor asymmetries. If it is extreme, then yes things can be done.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon