Extremely Wide Nose After Rhinoplasty? Will It Get Smaller? (photo)

had septo/rhinoplasty done almost 3 months ago. Had dorsal hump removed & deviated septum fixed but no tip work done, not sure what else. I like my new side profile now but my front looks massive and I hate it (attached before and after pics) Im worried that maybe I have a open roof deformity even tho surgeon said osteotomies were preformed? I am so terrified that the bottom of my nose will remain this wide. Will it get smaller to approx the image i morphed or do I need a revision? please help

Extremely Wide Nose After Rhinoplasty? Will It Get Smaller?

+2

Dear Julie,

thank you for your question and photos.  It is true that you still have swelling, and this will improve over time. However, if no tip work was done originally, and osteotomies were performed, than this, by definition, will make the tip look bigger relative to the rest of the nose.  Also, it appears (from the very few photos) that during the septoplasty, a little too much columells was resected.  This can also make the tip look wide.  No revision can be done for quite some time, so you might consider re-posting photos in 3-9 months from now for further advise.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Wide Nose after Rhinoplasty

+2

Your nose is swollen 3 months after surgery. I recommend that you wait another 6 months before evaluating your result and considering a consultation for revision surgery.

Swelling

+2

The nose can stay swollen for up to a year. you have to give it time to heal.  Be patient. Some midvault increase width can occur with spreader grafts.