I Have Extremely Thin Skin I Need a Fixer Upper =( Got a Bad Job Done So Needs to Be Fixed I Want High Profile Silicone)

hi i had a breast lift 5 yrs ago the doc.did a horrible job left me with a huge scar unessesary lift he did cresent looked good i told him my implant was leaking he said no that he had to do a full lift then then a month later same thing (implant deflated)then he relized i was right!i need to be fixed anyhow i have extremely thin skin what options do i have and any referals would be great i want want high profile silcone.also can i get my nipples smaller and should i go bigger or smaller thanks

Revision Breasts Augmentation/Mastopexy Options?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think revisionary surgery will be very helpful to you. You may want to consider conversion of the sub glandular implants to the sub muscular (dual plane) position. Additional breast lifting and tightening of the “skin envelope” will be helpful. Your plastic surgeon may be able to use the capsule tissue around the breast implant to support the lower poles of the breasts.

It will be important to do your due diligence and work with a plastic surgeon with significant experience doing revision a breast surgery work.

PHOTOS: Complicated breast lift (augmentation mastopexy) and approach for scar revision

+2

Certainly,  I would not go larger, and I wound advise you to consider smaller implants because scar revision will place tension on the already compromised wound. Another alternative is to complete this operation in two stages which may be the safest: Implant removal and revision lift, followwed by implant placement under the muscle with your desired size.

Breast Revision and thin skin

+2

I totally agree with the other surgeons.  Your photo reveals you likely have implants in the subglandular (above muscle) position and you have very thin skin and some hyperpigmented scars.

Given your circumstances you have few options but to change the position of the implant to under the muscle.  This will give you better contour and coverage at the upper part of you breast and decrease rippling.  However, you also need improved coverage at the bottom of your breast. This is best done by using a product like Strattice or Alloderm.  These products are place inside your breast and act as additional support for your implant.  They are gradually replaced by your body and can increase your skin thickness in the problem areas.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Revision lift

+2

An exam is worth a million bucks. It might be possible to fix this for you and to remove some of the unfavorable scarring, but an exam is in order. If your implants are above the muscle, I would change them to below and possible have you consider alloderm for better coverage to avoid as much rippling. 

Thin coverage of your breast implants and revision surgery

+2

Pinkdoll,

By your pictures your implants appear to be above the muscle and it looks as though the discoloration under your areola, right more than left, is as a result of your breast lift and represents residual areola. You would be a good candidate for a site change to partially under the muscle to provide better upper and inner implant coverage with a revision of your mastopexy. It will be important for the revision surgeon caring for you to be able to review your previous operative records to know exactly what was done in your previous surgeries. The possibility of using an acellular dermal matrix such as Strattice would be helpful for the lower breast coverage as well.

I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Repairing your breast

+2

Dear Pinkdoll, I can see why you are unhappy with your breast, but there are some things to do.  I have several questions which need to be answered.

It appears that your implants are over the muscle.  If that is the case then I would put them under the muscle and create a sling using Alloderm to support the implants.  If these are saline, I would switch to silicone.  That may not remove all the wrinkling but I think it will improve it significantly.  As far as high profile versus moderate / moderate plus, that's something to discuss with your doctor. 

If your implants are under the muscle I would still switch to silicone but use the Alloderm to create a sling to hold the implant in position.

As for the profile, a high profile will give you a lot of projection and not a wide base.  This allows someone with a small chest or small base diameter to go larger in volume and cup size.

For the mastopexy, this would be revised however I would recommend a smaller implant.  The more tension you put on your scars and on the skin with a larger implant the more likely you are to have drooping and stretched out scars.  

Discuss this with your plastic surgeon and you might want to see several doctors if you are still unhappy with what you are told.  Good luck, DR. Schuster in Boca Raton

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon