Does getting extremely fit before the surgery make for a faster recovery?

I was planning on having my BR done December 19th , but unfortunately the surgeon cancelled. Seeing as I go to school 6 hours away from my home city , im going to have to wait until the end of the school year in April to get it. I was planning on doing an intense 60 workout in jan and feb to prep for basketball season in september and im hoping this will make recovery faster and easier.

+1

Exercise is certainly encouraged but there is no evidence to suggest it will make your recovery any easier. Good luck with surgery.

Ohio Plastic Surgeon

+1

I am sorry to hear about the cancellation but, keep in mind that breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and will be way worth waiting for. Assuming you are in good health, becoming more physically “fit” will not necessarily make for a faster recovery. However, generally speaking, patients who are physically, emotionally, psychosocially “stable” and glass full tend to do better with surgery than patients who are “glass half empty”…

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.