I Am Having Extremely Dry Lips and Skin Around Mouth. Please Suggest a Way out to Get Rid off It?

Hi! I am 29 years old. Due to acne my Dr has prescribed me to take Isotretinoin. But my lips and skin especially around mouth is getting extremely dry. I am using Johnson's & John's moisturizer and lip balm regularly but of no use. Also suggest if i have to start using a night cream? If yes then which one? means Vitamin E moisturizing night cream or any other one. Please suggest.

Isotrtinoin and dry lips

+1

This is a normal side effect of this drug, so to some degree your have to grin and bear it. A greasy lip balm such as Aquaphor (in a tube not the actual lip balm) can be used. Do not use anything with Vitamin E since you could be allergic to it. If your bedroom is hot you may want to get a humidifier to put some moisture back in the air. The more you lick your lips, the worse it will get.The less ingredients the best, in whatever you use.