Could an Extreme Yawn Break Internal Stitches After Rhinoplasty?

I'm 6 weeks and 6 days post-op my rhinoplasty, was yawing (it was quite a big yawn) i heard a very little tick-like sound, is that weird or am i pretty much paranoid? (i'm just happy with my result, i don't want anything to change for the worse)

Breaking stitches after a yawn?

+2

While I cannot comment on the intensity of your yawns, I will say in my professional experience I have not seen this occur in my patients. 

Being a little paranoid can be a good thing, it reminds you that you're still healing and will keep you from doing things that can potentially cause injury. 

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Stitch Breaking 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely for a yawn to break a stitch. You can mention this to your surgeon at your next visit. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and yawning

+1

At 6 weeks a yawn should not impact your results.  If you are really concerned, then you should speak with your surgeon.