Extreme Swelling a Month After Rhinoplasty?

I had Septoplasty (deviated septum) and Rhinoplasty. But a month after surgery, I'm extremely swollen, asymmetrical, right nostril looks very small compared to left.

What so you think? Is this level of swelling normal and will it subside enough to look at least as good as how I was originally? Or is this how it will more or less look?

Extreme Swelling

+1

The operative word is "extreme". Your swelling may not be extreme, but normal. It may feel more swollen than it actually is because your nunbness has not resolved; remember how big your mouth feels when you leave the dentist's office.

Swelling will improve. Discuss this with your surgeon.

You cannot judge your final result only one month after Rhinoplasty.

+1

You should certainly bring your concerns to the attention of your surgeon, and see what he says. There is still significant swelling after a month, so sit tight for now, and get some reassurance from your surgeon.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

It will improve.

+1

It is too soon to say how much of what you see is swelling. You need to wait at least 6 months before deciding whether or not you will need further surgery. Return to your surgeon and he should be able to reassure you.